A NOTE FROM OUR CEO
Dear LunchMaster Schools & Families,
I would like to take the time to personally assure you that The LunchMaster is dedicated to the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, customers, and our entire community. I am reaching out to all of our partners regarding the outbreak of COVID-19 to advise on what you can expect from The LunchMaster.
The LunchMaster facilities have the highest levels of food and employee safety. We are reinforcing strict adherence to our existing standard operating procedures and increasing sanitization in our offices, manufacturing areas, and distribution centers. We will continue to monitor the evolving situation to stay at the forefront of best practices set in place by the CDC, WHO, FDA, and local authorities.
In response to this challenging time, The LunchMaster:
- Is taking all temperatures of employees before they start work.
- Is asking employees if they have any sick family at home.
- Employees are working at least 6’ from each other.
- Is not allowing 3rd party incoming delivery drivers or staff in the LunchMaster facility.
- Employees are washing hands more frequently.
- Employees are changing gloves more frequently.
- Is sanitizing all food contact surfaces hourly.
- Drivers have been notified to stay at least 6’ from the public when making deliveries.
- Is providing all condiments in individual portion-controlled packs.
- Is providing individually wrapped spork and napkin packets.
- Is making temporary changes to meal preparation, including packaging Grab & Go items in a unitized cold pack.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, our Customer Service Team will be happy to assist you over the phone at (650) 596-8008 Monday through Friday between 7:00am – 3:30pm.
Thank you for your continued trust and support,
Ted Giouzelis, CEO
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, new standard operating procedures (SOP) are in effect for LunchMaster employees, meal distribution volunteers and any person that may be involved in the preparation, handling and distribution of LunchMaster meals. The LunchMaster has created Rapid Operation Action Response (ROAR), an action plan designed to assist schools in making nutritious meals as accessible as possible to students, whether students are on site in person or continuing their education through distance learning.
The LunchMaster is switching to a Grab & Go service model until normal operations resume. All cold items will be packaged in an unitized cold pack. Items will be placed in a paper boat and overwrapped with food-safe plastic.
We also have an option to deliver 5-day meal kits to your school site. 5-day meal kits will be available to order online, either by parents directly or by the school in larger quantities. Please click here for additional information about our meal kits.
We wish you and your families health and safety during this challenging time. We are confident that we will get through this, together.